PISC Discussion Forums

The following discussion forums are available. For any item specific to a territory, please use the PISC Region forums, otherwise use the General discussion forum. New forums for specific topics may be added as and when appropriate. Only PISC Members can post a message, or reply (after logging in). 

icon
rklinger
Jim Crompton showed me a cover of December 2011 which documented that they still live "timeless" in the South Seas:
No date, of course no time, just Vila & Post & twice Vanuatu. It looks like applied by a bubble ink printer.

Happy Holidays and a Good Year 2012 to all!
Roland
2011-12-16 15:16
calbert
Hello,

I have already received a letter with this cancel in late September. Really looks a little bit special...

Merry christmas,

Clemens Albert
2011-12-16 17:31
rklinger
Look at my new Hebrides site: at left there is a bit more about this cancel.

They have the usual trouble with this in Vila: the machine cannot cancel stamps at other places than top right. Sooner or later they will do the same as GB and other countries: no cancel at all.

At the moment they cancel the stamps not hit by the spray machine by hand.

Best, Roland
2012-01-29 22:55
rklinger
My friend Frédéric Petit in Vila told me today that the PO may have stopped the use of the spray cancels. They returned to hand cancelling with whatever they had at hand - Port Vila or Postage Paid (on local letters in this case).
Roland
2012-08-03 12:50
icon