PISC Discussion Forums

The following discussion forums are available. For any item specific to a territory, please use the PISC Region forums, otherwise use the General discussion forum. New forums for specific topics may be added as and when appropriate. Only PISC Members can post a message, or reply (after logging in). 

icon
ijanot
Hello!
Today goes it about the decorative cover from 1936.
Me lie 2 covers before. From FEB 2? 1936 and DEC 25 36 (Lokalstempel) .
Cover 1 (FEB 2? 36) picture dark, characters goes in that dark green, all fours corners (outside) with flowers (red) .
Cover 2 (DEC 25 36) picture lighter, characters pale brown, all fours corners without flowers. White about this someone a little and there are here still other covers?
Greeting! Ingo
2014-02-24 15:49
asteller
Hello Ingo,
I have 3 letters (stamp date 03/01/1935 - red flowers in the corner; 25.12.1936 - 2 times without flowers and bright green frame) in my collection have these two frame drawing. I have until now not seen with other frame drawing.

Regards Andrè
2014-11-14 23:08
jmulik
Ingo, I have dug around in my (not very well organized!) archive, I have found I what I believe is a photo of Fitchett's CS2 cachet (see the attached file). CS2 is the version with the berries randomly mixed within the green holly leaves. I do not own this cover, and this is the only photo of CS2 that I have seen in my 10+ years of tracking Christmas Island local sales.

James
2014-11-16 21:17
ijanot
Hi Andre!
Thank you for your answer. A very long time has passed so are my setting (February). In the meantime, I got some information. So there is an unfinished study - The Gilbert and Ellice Islands and its Philately - by Keith Fitchett. Here is the story of the Local Christmas Island Pacific is described. Unfortunately, Mr. Fitchett died before its completion. But I was able to get me a part of it. This will be done by this decorative cover 3 different. In total there are 4 decorative cover and a fake. Of the 3 decorative cover, I like you even no. 2 + 3. If you wish contact for information exchange it let me know please. ( Unfortunately, I do not know how in the Forum your email address here - come address. My I do not want to disclose here. Since each unreported in the forum person would then have insight. ) I am more to be learned not averse to new.
Hope you can understand my lines. Unfortunately, I can not speak English (translation program).

Many greetings Ingomar ( Ingo -shortened form- )
2014-11-17 07:10
ijanot
James, yes it could be the cachet CS2. Is to see something bad on the attached file. Now have a very, very big favor to ask: Could you directly to my address (email) send a scan as a jpeg? Here can zoom in. So the green holly leaves can take a closer look at it in order to better tell the difference. It would be very nice if have reference material (scan).

Ingo
2014-11-17 07:44
asteller
Hi Ingo,
I am always interested in new findings on Christmas Island. In a German forum I have already written a little about the local stamp issues. Here is a link:

http://www.philaforum.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=21619&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=3

I wish I could add something would be great. If your e-mail account from the Pacifica No. 205 (2013) is still current, we can also take direct contact.

Regards Andrè
2014-11-23 21:25
ijanot
Hi Andre!

Yes, see Pacifica No. 205 (2013).

Greeting Ingo
2014-11-24 06:46
icon