PISC Discussion Forums

The following discussion forums are available. For any item specific to a territory, please use the PISC Region forums, otherwise use the General discussion forum. New forums for specific topics may be added as and when appropriate. Only PISC Members can post a message, or reply (after logging in). 

icon
jray
Very many thanks to Fred Danes for examples of two new cancellations: Tau postal agency and Sabeto. Scans are attached.

John
2013-09-04 10:37
lbootman
The Tau PA piece is odd. It has 40c franking in stamps (Fiji inland postal rate) yet it appears to show part of a UK style postcode phosphor barcode. I wonder why that is?
2013-09-05 13:20
jray
40 cents is also the worldwide airmail postage rate for regular-size postcards, which is a great bargain. I suspect that, when they get round to reviewing overseas rates, this one will go up. I would mention that an aerogramme may be sent anywhere for 50 cents, but the use of these is virtually nil. When I wanted to buy some at the Suva GPO this year the clerk had to scratch around to find them and then could only produce 7 copies.

Cheers,
John
2013-09-07 08:13
icon